Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Iman for Harper's Bazaar

Imantastic.

Harper's Bazaar December 2010 Issue
Photographed by Mark Seliger

Interviewed by Simon Doonan

Harper's Bazaar knows what they have with their partnership with Bravo's The Fashion Show and they're taking full advantage of it. Just last night as we were watching her eat fashion designers with her bare hands, we noted "It is impossible for Iman to look bad once you put her in a dress and makeup." Similarly, it is impossible to take a bad picture once you put Iman in beautiful clothes in front of the camera. There are models; there are supermodels, and then there's Iman.

Lanvin Resort 2011 Collection/Model: Vlada Roslyakova
Flower pin, Leah C. Couture Millinery. Fur scarf, Michael Kors.
Earrings, necklaces, and bracelet (top), Bulgari. Bracelets (bottom two), Chopard. Shoes, Gucci.


Christian Dior Resort 2011 Collection/Model: Lais Ribeiro
Jacket, Sonia Rykiel. Ring, Cartier. On Iman's eyes: Iman Eye-Con Kit.
On Iman's lips: Iman Luxury Moisturizing Lipstick in Wild Thing.


Valentino Pre-Fall 2011 Collection/Model: Jenny Sinkaberg
Earrings, Chopard. Ring, Leviev.


Almost as good as the pictures is the interview, conducted by Simon Doonan, where she offers one delicious Imanism after another:

Simon Doonan: How many times a day do you Google yourself?

Iman: Every five minutes. I simply can't take my eyes off myself. Kidding! I would rather Google other people than Google myself.

SD: Have you ever thrown a cell phone at anyone?

Iman: No! And if anyone threw one at me, it would come right back at them like a boomerang. If I feel frustrated in a situation, I take a deep breath and walk away.

SD: Who takes more time to get ready?

Iman: David takes five minutes. Me? I don't do anything by myself. I have a whole crew to get me ready every day.

SD: What is the worst thing about being a parent?

Iman: The early mornings. There is soccer and music class at 7:30 A.M. Remember, I am 55. I can only take so much!

SD: Who have you ever had homicidal feelings toward in the fashion business?

Iman: Geoffrey Beene! I loved his clothes but not him. Years ago, we were about to walk the runway and he pushed me. I said, "Don't do that!" "You work for me!" he said, and I replied, "No, you've hired my services, dear. I don't work for you," and I left.

LUV. HUH.

Behind-the-scenes Video:


[Video Credit: harpersbazaar.com - Photo Credit: style.com, Mark Seliger via harpersbazaar.com]


Post a Comment

Labels: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment